There are theoretical courses, discussing aesthetic and cultural topics of a general nature, as well as courses focused on specific literary genres, themes or historical periods. Critical attention is also given to the many forms in which literature enters the media and the public arena in contemporary society. The final examination takes the form of a Master´s thesis.
Special features of the Literature - Culture - Media, General Literature programme from Lund University:
- Courses are taught by distinguished professors, many of them internationally renowned
- Students from all over the world contribute to a stimulating atmosphere in our classes
- The Centre for Languages and Literature provides an invigorating intellectual and social environment for the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Aesthetics of Intermedial Culture
- Literary Theory and Method
- World Literature/Intercultural Understanding
- The Swedish and Danish Literary Canon – a Historical and Theoretical Perspective
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BA in General Literature, including 90 credits in the subject, proficiency in English corresponding to English 6/English Course B from Swedish upper secondary school or the equivalent and proficiency in Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
- Based on Bachelor´s degree essay (essay should be submitted with application, if the Bachelor´s degree does not require a thesis this should be clearly stated and an equivalent writing sample should be submitted), grades of relevant courses, and letter of intent (submit with application), in that order. Additionally, interviews may be conducted.
International10445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20891 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.