Special Centre for the Study of North East India (SCSNEI) at Jawaharlal Nehru University was established in the year 2018, upgraded from a Programme of research and teaching called North East India Studies Programme (NEISP).
- This area studies programme, conceptualised under special circumstances, owns added responsibility of locating North East India in the national and broader regional frames of reference.
- To bring the region in the centre of national discourses, SCSNEI has taken up activities of research and teaching that will not only familiarise North East India to the young academics, but also work towards positive intervention on the region and its people with expectations for rich dividend.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Understanding North East India
- Research Methodology
- Religion and Society in North East India
- Government and Politics in North East India
- Economic Development in North East India
- History of Frontiers and Borderlands in North East India
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- SCSNEI offers MPhil course work during the first two semesters (out of the total of four semesters) starting from the month of July every year.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 29 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.