The M.Phil. Law and Governance programme from Jawaharlal Nehru University is a two-year (four-semester) programme of study from which students may move on to the doctoral programme provided they meet the minimum grade requirements laid down by the University.
- The M.Phil. programme consists of 3 compulsory courses; 3 optional courses; and a dissertation. Each course carries 3 credits, and the course requirements are to be completed in the first two semesters of the programme.
- The dissertation carries 10 credits and is to be completed by the end of the fourth semester. While the three core compulsory courses provide a general overview of the issues and debates in the area of law and governance, the optional courses provide the students with the opportunity to develop a specialization, and so build up an expertise that can be further channelized in the dissertation work.
- Research Methodology
- Governance I: Theories and Concepts
- Governance II: The Legal Dimension
- Law, Constitutionalism and Political Theory
- Sociology and Politics of Law
- Law and Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 5 other Masters in International Law in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the M.Phil./PhD Programme is by an entrance examination conducted by the University, followed by a viva voce for those candidates who qualify in the written examination.
- The eligibility conditions for taking the examination are a Master’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, Sociology, History, Philosophy or Law with 55% marks; or 60% in any branch of natural science.
- The written test has essay type questions from the fields of Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Economics, and Law. The test will evaluate the candidate’s analytical abilities and competence in her/his discipline.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.