Several courses offered at the Centre are inter-disciplinary and are drawn from anthropology, psychology, economics, political science and history.
- In addition, courses at the Sociology master level from Jawaharlal Nehru University also incorporate problems relating to globalization, development, mass media and social change etc.
- Out of 16 courses offered, 8 are in the areas of sociological theories, thinkers and methodology, and the remaining 8 focus on different aspects of Indian society such as social stratification, family life and kinship, polity, economy, religion, urban life, population, education and social change. 16 optional courses are also offered from which the students have to choose 5 (the students are also encouraged to opt for some courses in the related disciplines from other Centre's of the School).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Culture, Personality and Society
- Family Life and Kinship in India
- Anthropological Theories
- Economy and Society in India
- Sociology of Social Stratification in India
- Religion and Society in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.