The Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health (CSMCH) was established in 1971 in order to shape, and to provide academic content, to the discipline of public health, making it relevant to the situation in India.
- All courses in the Public Health programme from Jawaharlal Nehru University have an interdisciplinary content covering areas such as organization of health services, national health programmes, epidemiology, nutrition, maternal and child health, communicable diseases, research methodology, health systems research, community health nursing and various concepts and methods in social sciences relevant for public health.
- The course work includes exposure to field work in both urban and rural areas and attempts to develop capacities for critical analysis using qualitative and quantitative data.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Community Health and Its Organization in India
- Health Services and the Community
- Research Methodology
- Review of Current Issues in community Health
- Nutrition and Maternal and Child Health
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The minimum requirement for admission to this programme is an MBBS degree or an M.Sc. in Nursing (with a minimum of 55 per cent marks or equivalent grades) and one year experience in community health.
- Admission is based on a national level entrance examination followed by an interview.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.