This year (2019) the number has risen to more than 120, a testimony to the recognition that the Centre from the Jawaharlal Nehru University enjoys in terms of higher education institutions imparting knowledge and programmes in Political Studies.
- Students in the M.A. programme are required to take 16 courses over a four-semester period out of which 10 are compulsory. Of these optional courses, at least two should be taken from those offered by the Centre.
- Currently the Centre's course list has 32 optional courses from which students may choose, depending upon their interest and future plans. They may also cover these credits by taking optional courses outside of the Centre, in other Centres of the School of Social Sciences.
- Under the semester system followed in the University, students are required to register at the beginning of each semester for the course, which they wish to offer in that particular semester.
- The Centre may appoint a faculty adviser for each student who advises each student on the courses to be taken.
- No student is allowed to attend a course without registration and is also not entitled to any credits unless he/she has been formally registered for the course by the scheduled date. However, late registration is allowed up to a maximum of two weeks after the beginning of the semester on payment of a late registration fee.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.