Altogether a student earns a total of 26 credits.
- The History MPhil programme from Jawaharlal Nehru University provides three ways of earning course credits. Students who have done their MA in History from JNU follow Combination A while students who have not done their MA in JNU are generally advised to follow either Combination B or C.
- Additionally, two 2 credit courses, on Reading Sources and Reading Texts can be offered in the Monsoon and Winter Semesters respectively, in case five or more students wish to offer these.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Historical Methods
- Society & Economic in Early India
- Religion and Society in Early India
- Aspects of Economic History
- Historical Archaeology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.