In order to fulfill the requirements of the Master's programme, students are required to compulsorily credit the following set of Courses in the two years of their History Masters programme at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Every student has to specialize in a particular period of Indian history. The Centre offers specialization in Ancient, Medieval and Modern History. All students must decide on their specialization before they join the Centre. Each student will do a minimum of 20 credits of lecture courses and one seminar course in her period of specialization.
- For every period specialization, there is a set of introductory courses, offered in the first two semesters. These courses seek to provide a general perspective on the period, introduce students to the historiographical debates and the dominant historical trends, and equip students with some technical expertise.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Ancient Society
- State Power & Legitimacy in Anc. India
- Economic History of Early India
- Devotion and Dissent in Indian History
- Capitalism & Colonialism
- Historical Method
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.