The M.Phil. Spanish programme at Jawaharlal Nehru University is a two-year/four-semester programme of study from which students may move on to the doctoral programme provided they meet the minimum grade requirements laid down by the University.
- A number of courses are offered at the M.Phil. level and, depending on his or her field of specialization a student can choose any four courses each of which carries six credits, and the course requirements are to be completed in the first two semesters of the programme. The dissertation carries 10 credits and is to be completed by the end of the fourth semester.
- While the four core compulsory courses provide a general overview of the discipline, the optional provide the students with the opportunity to develop a specialization, and so build up an expertise that can be further channelized in the dissertation work he/she does.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology
- Spanish Literature
- History Of Spanish Culture & Civilization
- Latin American Literature
- Translation and Interpretation Studies
- A Concrete Case Study Of Literary Translation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 34 other Masters in Language Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.