We offer a master degree in African Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University. At the M.Phil. level a student is required to put two years out of which the first year is devoted to course work and in the next year the student writes his/ her dissertation under the supervision of a faculty member.
- After fulfilling the minimum grade requirements at the M.Phil. level the student is enrolled into the Ph.D. programme which is for four years maximum.
- The entire period under Ph.D. is devoted to thesis writing and research publication.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Political System in Africa
- Africa and the World
- Research Methodology
- Ideologies in African
- Development Strategies Sub-Saharan Africa
- Government and Politics in North Africa
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 29 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.