The Linguistics Centre at Jawaharlal Nehru University focuses on core areas such as phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax, as well as on areas in interdisciplinary language studies such as neuro-cognitive linguistics and sociolinguistics.
- The Centre is known for having had expertise in Field Methods, Semiotics and Indian linguistic tradition for the past several years.
- Some of the other areas of research by the faculty include language typology and sign language, with bio-linguistics being an emerging area of some common interest.
- Semiotics and the Philosophy of Structures
- Applied Linguistics
- Phonological Analysis
- Morphological and Syntactic Analysis
- History of Linguistics
- Historical and Comparative Linguistics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.