Within this German Studies program at Jawaharlal Nehru University, we also offer a range of common courses, which seek to consolidate and supplement what students learn in their respective specializations.
Keeping in mind possible avenues that open up before students, and the choices they may seek to make, courses in didactics of the German language as well as literature are offered. Another strength of the program are the courses in the cultural and political history of key periods in the history of German speaking countries as well as on the location of Germany within the European Union.
- In continuation of introductory courses in the final year of the BA program, the common courses include also an introduction to contrastive linguistics. New courses in culture studies, including folklore studies are also offered.
- Over the third and fourth semester of the MA, students are expected to write a dissertation on an area of their choice.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theories of Literature
- Theory & Methodology of Translation
- Contemporary Literature from the German Speaking Countries
- Specialized Translation
- Consecutive Interpretation
- Specialized Study of an Author
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.