The teaching and research carried out in the French Language on the Francophone(French speaking) countries would benefit the scholars of the Centre, should facilitiate interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research between the Centre and other Centres of the Schools at JNU as well as with other universities and institutions both in India and abroad.
In this way, the Francophone Centre, and the Francophone Studies degree at Jawaharlal Nehru University, would eventually become a rich resource and documentation centre accessible to institutions and individuals.
- In a highly polarised world India has to attach great importance to the Francophone movement grouping to-gether some 46 countries and governments, as was evident at the VIlth Francophone Summit held in November1997, at Hanoi (Vietnam).
- And so, the research carried out at this Centre would and should be a major contribution to a holistic, deeper and more authentic understanding of the cultural, socio-economic and political realtity of these countries not easily reflected in isolated English translations and in a limited anglo-saxon viewpoint.
- Linguistics & Literary Analysis
- Methodology of Teaching and Research in Translation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 34 other Masters in Language Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.