Courses such as the History of Chinese Literature, Introduction to Chinese Language, Fundamental of Chinese-English Translation, Newspaper Translation, Chinese Novels, Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpretation, Introduction to the Economy of Modern China, China’s political Thought, Reading and Translation of Contemporary Writing train students from Jawaharlal Nehru University for research and interpretation careers.
- The inter-disciplinary orientation of the courses also offers an opportunity to students to join M.Phil. or Ph.D. programmes in social sciences streams of other Schools.
- Apart from having a practical proficiency in the language concerned, students are also familiarized systematically with various aspects of life in China and other Chinese- speaking areas in the South-East Asia.
- The aim of the programme, therefore, is to stimulate and facilitate young scholars to engage themselves in advanced level language- based studies on language, literature, history and culture of China and South-East Asian Countries.
- At M.Phil. level, the Centre aims at introducing research methodology and other multi-disciplinary courses.
- A student admitted to the programme is required to clear prescribed courses in the areas like methodology, language, literature, culture, history, India-China contacts and write dissertation for completion of M.Phil and Ph.D.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.