The Centre came into existence when the Indian School of International Studies (ISIS) merged with JNU in 1970. Its core was a result of an amalgamation of the departments of International Relations and of the Commonwealth existing at the ISIS.
- The Centre, when established, had three programmes, viz. international politics, international organization and disarmament.
- This specialized focus of the International Politics programme from Jawaharlal Nehru University represented the emerging priorities in the academic world as well as a certain vision about the world that needed to be nurtured for the benefit of future generations of scholars.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced International Relations Theory
- Realism and World Politics
- Culture, Norms and Identity in World Politics
- Theories of International Political Economy
- Globalization & the State
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 21 other Masters in Political Science in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.