The Centre for Indo-Pacific Studies (CIPS) from Jawaharlal Nehru University is a new Centre created in 2013 keeping in view the profound shifts that are taking place around India and India's rapidly rising stakes in the Indian Ocean and East Asia. Equally, it is also a reflection of today’s geopolitical realities.
- The Indo-Pacific as a region is emerging as the new template of reference since the confluence, interdependence and interface of the Indian and Pacific Oceans are getting strengthened not merely economically but geo-strategically as well.
- The Indo-Pacific, comprising a vast spatial continuum spread from the Indian Ocean all the way up to West Pacific, including the crucial regions such as Southeast Asia and South Pacific, also brings forth India’s centrality and its relationship with regions in the Indo-Pacific quite distinctly.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foreign Relations of Southeast Asia
- Society and Politics in Southwest Pacific
- Indo-Pacific Construct: Geo-political and Geo-economic Challenges
- Society and Culture in Southwest Pacific
- Colonialism, Nationalism and Neo-Colonialism in Southeast Asia
- Regional Security in Southeast Asia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.