We offer a master degree in European Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University. Since the research in the Centre is interdisciplinary in nature, efforts are made to expose students to other social science subjects which go beyond their parent disciplines.
- Learning of at least one European language (apart from English) is a critical component of the research programme of the Centre. In the newly emerging globalizing international environment, the emphasis is given to broad social science concepts along with specific European issues.
- Apart from empirical research on Europe, students are also encouraged to develop skills in broader theoretical research and analysis. While selecting research themes on Europe, students can focus from country specific study and issues themes and also expand their research with the broader theoretical concepts in their lead disciplines as well as in the international relations theory.
The students can specialize in the following areas:
- European Union
- Issues in European Security
- European Economic Integration
- Identity Issues in Europe
- Politics & Society in Central & Eastern Europe
- Foreign and Security Policy of the Baltic States
- Social Structure & Dynamics in Europe
- Europe and the Mediterranean Region and Research Methodology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 29 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.