CSP was formally launched in the academic year 2001-02. Together with US and Latin American Studies Programmes, CSP constitutes the Centre for Canadian, US & Latin American Studies in SIS.
- The School of International Studies administers one of the largest area study and international studies programmes in India and admittedly in the developing world. In brief, CSP is one among the several premier area study programmes in SlS.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in Canadian Studies-a four-semester programme from Jawaharlal Nehru University spread over two academic calendar years of which two semesters are for course work and two semesters for preparation of a dissertation.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foreign Policy of Canada
- Government and Politics in Canada
- Multiculturalism, Indigenism and Diasporic Aspects of Canadian Society
- Political Economy of Canada
- Research Methodology
- Canada in World Affairs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 29 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.