Although Latin American Studies as a full-fledged programme was introduced in 1971 in the School of International Studies (SIS) from Jawaharlal Nehru University, academic interest in the area and preparatory work towards this end began as far back as 1955 when the Department of American History and Institutions was established.
- Intended to stimulate interest in the North American affairs, in time, the study of 'special' historic relations that the US had with its neighbouring countries inevitably prompted some forward-looking faculty members of the Department to underline the special need for training in Latin American Studies too and emphasise the favourable expertise that the Department enjoyed to provide such training.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- A Survey of Latin American History
- Government & Politics in Latin America
- Contemporary Economic Problems of Latin America
- Process of Political and Economic Restructuring in Latin America
- US Economic Policy Towards Latin America
- Brazil Since 1930s
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.