The Centre for African Studies is an interdisciplinary centre for study of Africa. It aims at promoting African studies as an academic discipline for advancing knowledge and understanding of African affairs through inter-disciplinary perspective.
It brings together scholars having an active interest in Africa from all over the country and abroad.
- The primary programme of the Centre is Ph.D. in African studies. Jawaharlal Nehru University also offers courses for the M.A. programmes of the School of International Relations.
- The teaching and research programme of the Centre has been designed to cover both the traditional as well the contemporary issues relating to the region. For Master in International Relations and Area Studies, the Centre offers courses on 'Diaspora in International Relations'.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Africa and the World
- Government and Politics of Sub-Saharan Africa
- Political Economy of Sub-Saharan Africa
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 8 other Masters in International Development in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.