Students of this Arts and Aesthetics programme at Jawaharlal Nehru University are required to complete sixteen courses of four credits each, earning sixty-four credits over the course of four semesters.
- Of these, nine courses must be taken from among the ten compulsory courses on offer, while the other seven are to be selected from optional courses.
- While students are expected to take optional courses within the School, they are also permitted to take up to two optional courses from other centres or schools.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Indian Cinema Past and Present
- History of Performance: The Indian Context
- Indian Art and Architecture from Proto-history to the Eighteenth Century
- Methods, Materials and Meaning in Visual Art
- Critical Writing for the Arts
- Film/ Media: Theory and Aesthetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Art History View 4 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The MA in Arts & Aesthetics Admission to the MA is through an entrance examination.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 50% marks are eligible to appear for the exam.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 216 Rs - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.