The Department of Physics at Jamia Millia Islamia as an independent department was created in 1971. In the same year B.Sc. (Hons.) course was introduced.
- The Department of Physics introduced M.Sc. (Physics) course in the year 1985 with specialization in Physics of Materials. Further in 1995-96, the Department started two more specializations in M.Sc. Physics, viz. Laser & Spectroscopy and Theoretical Physics.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Quantum Mechanics
- Mathematical Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Mathematical Physics
- Experimental Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 25 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International87 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 87 EUR per year during 24 months.
National87 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 87 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.