The Department of Geography was established in 1971. Since then, the department has acquired distinction in teaching and research as well as for dissemination of geographical knowledge both at the national and international level.
- The department at Jamia Millia Islamia offers B.A./B.Sc. (H), M.A./M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Disaster Management and Climate Sustainability Studies.
- Besides these conventional courses, the department also offers two technical courses: Post Graduate Diploma in Remote Sensing and GIS Applications and Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Cartography.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Economics of Climate Change
- Climate Change and Economic Development
- Fundamentals of Micro Climate
- Urban Micro Climate
- Urban Heat Islands
- Urban Climate Modeling
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International634 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 634 EUR per year during 24 months.
National634 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 634 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 56,200
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.