The Department of Painting at Jamia Millia Islamia came into existence in 2007, duly named and approved by the HRD Ministry, Government of India, University Grants Commission of India along with Executive Council and Academic Council of Jamia Millia Islamia University.
- This Department was one of the branches of Department of Fine Arts which was founded in 1951 by Mr. Abul Kalam, who laid the foundation of this institution as Art Institute. In 1967, Art Institute became the Department of Art and Craft Education.
- In 1980-1981, this institution became the Department of Fine Arts and Art Education and started the professional course of four years BFA degree. In 1983 MFA was also started.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Modern Art (Western)
- Surrealism and Dadaism
- Pop Art
- Modern Art (Indian)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International119 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 119 EUR per year during 24 months.
National119 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 119 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.