The Department of Art Education was established in 1951 when Mr. Abul Kalam laid the foundation of the Arts Institute at the Jamia Millia Islamia.
The objective was to impart training to art and craft teachers in the modern concept and methods of art education.
The Master of Fine Art is a two year integrated professional degree program in Art Education, introduced in 1980-81.
- The objective of the learning program and training is to achieve complete development of the student’s perception along with the enhancement in skill as specialists it also cultivate the innovative kind of intellect and creative sensibilities.
- M.F.A. in Art Education at Jamia Millia Islamia is designed for the practical studio work, teaching assistantship, prescribed theory subjects and dissertation. Where, studio work is consist of the painting as its main subject and applied art*, graphic art* or sculpture* as its one optional subject.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Teaching Assistantship
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International119 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 119 EUR per year during 24 months.
National119 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 119 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.