The intensive two-years/four-semester course in MA Mass Communication at Jamia Millia Islamia offers a systematic progression of hands-on production work and theoretical papers that allow students to experience the full range of technical expertise, conceptual skills and artistic expression required to become accomplished media practitioners in a social and technological environment where media, art and communication converge, across a diverse landscape of screens, platforms and audiences.
- The courses seek to provide the students with a comprehensive media education that nurtures their individual aspirations while inspiring them to make a meaningful interventions in the social environment in which they live and work.
- Over the years, the graduates of the MCRC have distinguished themselves in a diversity of media related fields and made their careers as television producers, feature film directors, documentary filmmakers, reporters, editors, camerapersons, writers, teachers, scholars, production designers, graphic novelists and installation artists. The revised curriculum continues to support such diversity
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Still Photography
- Radio Production
- Screen Writing
- Media & Cultural Studies
- Digital Media Arts
- Television Production
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.