The Early Childhood Development programme from Jamia Millia Islamia is an interdisciplinary course aimed at enabling the student to understand the complexity of the contexts in which young children live and equipping them to make interventions based on a systems approach.
Objectives of the course:
- To generate a holistic understanding of contexts and issues in the field of early childhood development from an interdisciplinary perspective
- To develop knowledge, attitudes, values and skills relevant to the professional practice in early childhood development and to critically apply theoretical constructs to practice
- To engage in self-reflective practice with children and families in micro and macro contexts and provide interventions guided by rights based approach
- To identify contemporary concerns in the field of early childhood development and undertake research
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Perspectives in ECD Core Course Theory
- The Child: Physical, Motor and Perceptual Development
- The Child: Development of Cognition, Intelligence and Creativity
- The Child: Development of Relationships, Self and Emotions
- Health, Nutrition and Care during Early Childhood
- Researching with Children
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducational Research Educational Psychology Early Childhood Education View 8 other Masters in Educational Psychology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.