The Nelson Mandela Centre for Peace & Conflict Resolution was launched in 2004 and was one of the first of its kind in an Indian university. At Jamia Millia Islamia we offer a master degree in Conflict Analysis and Peace Building.
Its chief focus is comparative and contemporary studies, and it aims to address the lack of serious and purposeful analysis of types and sources of conflict in our country and neighbourhood, and the methods of dealing with them that India has adopted.
Objectives of the Centre:
- To research and document Indian approaches to the promotion of peace, at home and abroad.
- To develop a curriculum of peace and conflict studies based on national, regional and global experiences.
- To build capacity for conflict prevention and resolution in government and civil society agencies.
- To promote a community of academic expertise in conflict prevention, management, and post-conflict peace building.
- Conflict Analysis
- State, Citizenship and Governance
- Multilateral Institutions and Conflict Resolution
- Skills for Conflict Transformation
- Research Methodology and Field Work
- Issues of Conflict and Peace in South Asia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
National81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.