Arabic in Jamia Millia Islamia has been one of the subjects which were introduced at the undergraduate level at the earliest stage. However, its teaching at Post-graduate level started in 1976 as one of the three disciplines of the erstwhile Department of Islamic & Arab Iranian Studies.
- The Department of Arabic as an independent unit was established only in 1988. At present the Department conducts different courses such as B.A. (Honors), M.A. and part-time evening courses namely Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma in modern Arabic language and translation.
- Besides, it also enrols scholars for Ph.D. course on a variety of subjects' relevant to Arabic language and literature. Till date approximately 55 scholars have been awarded Ph. D. degree. Around 48 scholars are pursuing Ph. D. program at present.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Oral Expression
- Classical Arabic Prose
- Translation & Composition
- Proficiency in Arabic
- Classical Arabic Poetry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 29 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
National81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.