Mechanical Engineering from Lebanese American University (LAU) responds to a need at the national level for specialized programs and are intended to offer graduate students the opportunity to widen the horizons of their theoretical and practical knowledge, engage in basic and applied research, and prepare themselves for further studies or professional practice.
Students at Mechanical Engineering from Lebanese American University (LAU) will:
- Apply their mechanical engineering knowledge to solve complex problems and evaluate current and emerging technologies in a chosen focus area of Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrate breadth of knowledge of Mechanical Engineering.
- Assess the impact of their work on society, encompassing environmental, ethical, and global aspects and constraints.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently complete and document a technical project.
- Sustainable Energy
- Sustainable Architecture
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- Boundary Layer Theory
- Gas Turbines
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Turbo Machinery
- Turbulence Modeling
- Composite Materials
- Finite Element Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lebanese American University (LAU) and/or in Lebanon, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- One recent passport-size photo.
- English Proficiency
- A photocopy of your identity card or passport
- A clear photocopy of your Family Civil Status record (For Lebanese and Arab nationals)
- Certified copies of educational or professional certificates or diplomas.
- Official updated university transcripts from all universities you attended.
- Equivalency of your bachelor’s degree from the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education
- Recommendations from two professors who are familiar with your academic performance.
- The W-9S form if you are a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder, with proof of your social security number.
Living costs for Beirut
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.