You will study and gain an in-depth understanding of international finance with the banks as the purveyors of finance in a globalised world. You will study banking and financial intermediation, international financial markets and the roles that banks play in those markets. Within the International Finance and Banking MSc programme from Aberystwyth University, you will examine and evaluate the importance of central banking and international regulatory frameworks such the Basel III and the important roles they play in maintaining a sound international financial system. Throughout the programme, you will have the opportunity to study and understand the concept of risk management especially with respect to managing portfolios of bank risk assets.
The MSc International Finance and Banking degree at Aberystwyth University gives you the opportunity to pursue a career within the finance and banking sector at national and international levels. Potential careers include:
- Financial strategy
- Actuarial profession
- Corporate banking
- Investment analysis
- Financial trading
- Retail banking.
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Banking and Financial Intermediation
- Corporate Governance and Sustainability
- Financial Research Methods
- International Financial Markets and Investments
- International Finance and Capital Markets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBanking and Investment View 182 other Masters in Banking and Investment in United Kingdom
- A good Honours Degree (or its equivalent) plus satisfactory references from your University. Previous experience in a relevant subject is necessary.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.