Civil Engineering - Geotechnical Engineering from The University of Jordan (UJ) introduces students to geotechnical earthquake engineering and risk mitigation, Soil dynamics, Geo-environmental engineering, Soil structure interaction, Analysis and design of earth structures, Rock mechanics and ground water, Landfill studies, Geotechnical tunneling, Dam engineering, Soil improvement and, Foundation engineering. This program is oriented to found the solid base of the ground work for the other branches of civil engineering and other engineering discipline.
Students at Civil Engineering - Geotechnical Engineering from The University of Jordan (UJ) will gain the:
- Ability to conduct and produce high quality and competent research in the field
- Ability to work and conduct research in a multidisciplinary setting;
- Ability to solve advanced engineering problems using discipline appropriate math, science, computation and analysis skills;
- Ability to develop fundamental understanding of the theories of modern soil mechanics;
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the area of specialization;
- Ability to communicate effectively in both in written and oral forms;
- Ability to apply cutting-edges knowledge to the different aspects of geotechnical engineering;
- Ability to balance between theory and practice in geotechnical engineering; and Ability to conduct research for both industrial and academic purposes.
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Modeling
- Ground Improvement
- Advanced Rock Mechanics
- Advanced Numerical Methods
- Special Topics in Geotechnical Engineering
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Soil Structure Interaction
- Geosynthetics Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Jordan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A certified copy of the General Secondary Certificate (tawjihi or high school)
- A certified copy of the first university degree (bachelor's degree)
- Certified transcripts
- The grading system of the student's university (for graduates of non-Jordanian universities)
- A copy of the passport
- The application fees (150 $), which are non-refundable
- A no-objection letter from the cultural attaché of the student's country
- English language test
- Three personal photos
- A certified copy of the birth certificate with the national number on it
- A certified copy of the national ID card
International6187 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 375 USD per credit during 24 months.
National2788 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 169 USD per credit during 24 months.
National students: 120 JD per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.