The Department of Petroleum Engineering at IIndian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad was established in the year 1957 to make its mark in the Oil and Gas Industries in the country.
- Subsequent developments, under the able guidance of a series of distinguished educators, renowned personalities from oil and gas industries and scientists, have led the department to the forefront of research and teaching in petroleum engineering.
- Since commencement, the Dept. has produced more than 1200 undergraduate (B.Tech) students and about 275 post graduate students which includes both M.Tech and Ph.D. The department has made its mark in the oil and gas industries in the country and presently the ex-students are occupying very senior position in different government, public sector undertakings and private organization.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Petroleum Geomechanics and Hydraulic Fracturing
- Advanced Drilling Technology
- Reservoir Simulation
- Well Intervention, Workover and Stimulation Techniques
- Fluid Flow Through Porous Media
- Flow Assurance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 6 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The candidate should have a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a Masters’ degree in Science from Institutes recognized by the Government.
- The minimum marks are 60% or CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10-point scale) in Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a Masters’ degree in Science.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST and who have the basic qualifying degree is eligible to apply, provided s/he has secured first class or marks not less than 55% or CGPA not less than 5.5 in the relevant degree.
- Admission to this programme is through the Common Offer Acceptance Portal.
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidates should have a valid GATE score that remains valid at the time of admission.
International8000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per semester during 24 months.
National2442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1221 USD per semester during 24 months.
- National Students: 100.000 Rs
- ICCR/SAARC Countries: 2000USD per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.