Criminology and Criminal Justice MSc programme from Aberystwyth University promotes and enhances a critical awareness of social science research methods and skills used to undertake real world research on crime, disorder and deviations from social norms. Students will be equipped with a broad range of learning opportunities in research design and methodology, enabling them to conduct an independent piece of critical research in a related area of their choosing. With a wide range of exciting contemporary optional modules, students will get an applied insight in to how criminology intercedes a number of other disciplines and helps to inform criminal justice policy and practice. This is a stimulating and demanding programme, involving intensive learning in small groups, overseen by subject specialists and experts in the field.
Graduates from this scheme will leave with the professional knowledge and capacity to independently practice, reflect, review and build upon disciplinary expertise and judgement. The schemes’ teaching, learning and assessment requires students to develop ethical practice, critical analytical skills, research skills and presentation skills which will enable them to share their criminological expertise in both academic and professional settings.
Graduate career opportunities include (but not restricted to):
- government departments and criminal justice agencies
- voluntary organisations / non-governmental organisations in the crime and justice field
- international organisations, such as the UN
- research and academia
- Principles of Research Design
- Quantitative Data Collection and Analysis
- Criminological Theory and Perspectives
- Critical Youth Justice
- International Comparative Youth Justice
- International Criminal Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Perspectives of Green Criminology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We advise students to apply as early as possible before the start of their degree.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 57 other Masters in Criminal Justice in United Kingdom
- Entry Requirements 2:2 Bachelors (Honours) degree in criminology or a related subject area, or equivalent. Non-graduates will be considered individually based on relevant work experience.
- English Language Requirements IELTS 6.5 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent
- Other Requirements Applicants are encouraged to submit an up-to-date CV as part of their application.
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.