According to IAEA standards Emergency preparedness and response must be provided not only on NPP, but also at different small reactors or activities which involve hazardous radioactive materials. All of these objects are covered by EPR activities.
The Emergency preparedness and response programme is offered by Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU).
the program was developed in cooperation with the IAEA;
representatives of ROSATOM participate in the implementation of the program;
individual approach to training;
application of distance learning technologies;
research activities, regular participation in seminars, conferences, forums.
- Nuclear power plants
- Research reactors
- Radioactive Waste Management
- Transport of nuclear or radioactive material
- Industrial irradiation facilities
- Digital resources in scientific research
- History and methodology of science
- Security monitoring and expertise
- Project management in technosphere safety
- Practical exercises
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 20 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Specialist’s or Master’s degree diploma/certificate with the list of grades is required
- Applicant's CV
- Level of English proficiency B+ (CEFR B2)
- Official language certificates are not required. In case you have a language certificate, you can submit it with the other application documents
International4425 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4425 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4425 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4425 EUR per year during 24 months.
380 000 RUB
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International Atomic Energy Agency Grant for SPbPU Students during their studying for a master's degree on the Emergency Preparedness and Response program in English.
All or part of the following costs can be covered by the grant:
- tuition fees;
- organizational / registration fees;
- transportation costs both sides to the place of training / internship / conference;
- living expenses;
- health insurance;
- visa costs.
The maximum grant amount is 14,000 EUR / year.
To apply for IAEA scholarship, email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (Jamila Idrisova, Assistant) with:
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport (PDF file)
- Copies of educational documents (PDF file)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.