Students learn the pathogenesis of human diseases on a molecular and mechanistic level. You will learn how this information can be used to develop precision therapeutics that target the underlying causes of the disease; how these therapeutics are evaluated for efficacy and toxicity and what future challenges precision medicine will face. Fundamental scientific and therapeutic concepts are illustrated in detail using appropriate diseases and case studies so that students can understand the disease from the molecular basis to clinical treatment.
Students acquire the skills to use bioinformatics to analyze large sets of genomic information, including programming and applied statistics. Students will be exposed to ethical and health economic issues related to the practice of precision medicine so that they can critically assess future socio-economic challenges.
- Molecular Precision Medicine graduates at the University of Vienna will be equipped to pursue careers in basic, clinical, or biomedical research in academia or industry (e.g., biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry) with a deep molecular and mechanistic understanding of human disease. Students will acquire knowledge of basic molecular laboratory techniques. They will receive detailed training of human disease pathogenesis at the molecular and mechanistic level.
- In addition, they will have core competencies in bioinformatics, including programming, data mining and interrogation, and statistical analysis, which will enable them to pursue careers in academic bioinformatics as well as clinical analysis of genomic datasets.
- Chromosome, Gene and Defective DNA Repair Disorders
- Diseases of Proteostasis
- Diseases of Enzymatic Insufficiency
- Diseases of Pathological Signal Transduction
- From Bench to Bedside
- Free elective courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Molecular Sciences View 5 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- List of degree programmes
- Admission with a degree from the University of Vienna
- Admission with a degree from another university
- Degree programmes with an entrance exam procedure
- Visiting Master
International1454 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 727 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- As an EU/EEA/CH citizen you only have to pay the Students' Union fee (20.20 Euro).
- Non-EU/EEA students pay the fee plus the Students' Union fee of 20.20 Euro
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.