The primary purpose of this MNS in Professional Nursing Science (Nursing Education) from University of Johannesburg is to develop the intellectual and practical competencies of the qualifying student and to facilitate her/his professional values to promote the health of the individual, family, group and community as a specialist, leader and consultant in and as a member of the nursing/midwifery/health team through her/his research, professional and clinical abilities.
Practice as an advanced clinical nurse specialist, leader, consultant and researcher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation: Nursing Education Semester 1
- Dissertation: Nursing Education Semester 2
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At entrance level, the prospective student should have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 480 approved credits at level 8 or a post graduate diploma at NQF level 8.
- A minimum of 65% in the core modules in the undergraduate qualification in which the student intends to obtain the master’s degree. Passed nursing education at level 3 (NQF 8).
- Proof of registration as a general nurse and nurse educator with the SANC.
- A candidate must be appointed in an approved full-time or part-time post as a nursing practitioner for the duration of the programme if necessitated by the research topic.
International851 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 851 EUR per year during 12 months.
(R14,634 – R171,158)
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.