Professional Computer Science from University of Canterbury focuses on applied learning to independently design, implement, and maintain open-ended computing projects using the latest programming theories and software.
UC’s programme will prepare you for professional industry practice, or high-level research in computing theory.
Computing and ICT has consistently been listed on the long-term skills shortage list, which means there are a number of career opportunities for graduates with recognised experience in practical computing applications.
Almost all areas of industry require IT expertise, from website design to database administration, software development to embedded systems, leading to a wide range of possibilities and freedom to pursue your interests.
UC’s professional master’s programme demonstrates that you have work-ready project skills from concept to launch, and are ready to be a part of digital innovation.
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Medical Data Informatics
- Kaupapa Māori Research
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Engineering
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 26 other Masters in Software Engineering in New Zealand
- To enrol in the Professional Master of Computer Science, you will need to have completed a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) with a background in a computer sciences subject (eg, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering), with either a B Grade Point Average in your 300-level courses or experience working in the field.
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International42686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42686 USD per year during 12 months.
National9212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9212 USD per year during 12 months.
- National students - 12,787 NZD
- International Students - 59,250 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.