At Sport Science from University of Canterbury courses will draw on sport science research, as well as experts in the field from within and outside UC, to provide students with historically and culturally grounded knowledge and skills. Students will have flexibility to choose courses in biomechanics, exercise physiology, sport psychology, sport nutrition, strength and conditioning, and performance analysis.
- Sports Scientist/Strength and Conditioning Specialist positions in professional sport, working with teams or individual athletes, or in national and international sporting organisations
- Development officer for professional sporting and health orientated organisations
- Corporate and community health and fitness consultant
- Health promotion/lifestyle consultant
- Athletic/sports programme coordinator.
- The Competitive Edge: Innovation in Sport Science
- Research Approaches for Health
- Advanced Internship for Sport Science
- Medical Biochemistry
- Environmental Animal Physiology
- Health and Culture
- Motivating Behaviour Change
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Management Sports Sciences View 13 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in New Zealand
- To enrol, you should have previously completed a sport and/or science-related Aotearoa New Zealand degree, or equivalent, and normally should have achieved at least a B Grade Point Average in 300-level courses in the degree.
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International42738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42738 USD per year during 18 months.
National9223 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9223 USD per year during 18 months.
- National students - 12,787 NZD
- International Students - 59,250 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.