Criminal Justice from University of Canterbury is a cohesive degree with taught courses, a research dissertation, and real-world project or internship opportunities for first-hand practical experience in criminal justice.
It has a strong focus on developing the skills sought by the justice sector, including bicultural knowledge and competence, critical analysis of current and future policy, and professional understanding and theories behind crime and rehabilitation.
The Master of Criminal Justice will give students a professional understanding of Aotearoa New Zealand policy within government and public sector, and of the criminal justice system. Their skills in research, statistical analysis, writing and presentation, and bicultural engagement within real-world contexts are solid foundations for a career in criminal justice.
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Systems
- Contemporary Issues in Criminal Justice
- Professional Cultures
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Entry to the Master of Criminal Justice requires a Bachelor of Criminal Justice with a B Grade Point Average or better in 60 points of 300-level courses, or an equivalent degree approved by the Dean of Law.
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International34719 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34719 USD per year during 12 months.
National8268 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8268 USD per year during 12 months.
- National students - 11,427 NZD
- International Students - 48,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.