Arts (Thesis) from University of Canterbury provides the opportunity to contribute to new knowledge in the field and build on academic skills.
Students will complete a thesis course listed in one of the subjects below:
- Art History
- Art Theory
- Child and Family Psychology
- Cinema Studies
- Cultural Studies
- European Studies
- Human Services
- Māori and Indigenous Studies
- Media and Communication
- Political Science and International Relations
- Te Reo Māori
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Art History
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
First day of any month
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 43 other Masters in Visual Arts in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have qualified for a Bachelor of Arts with Honours degree (or other qualifications of an equivalent standard) within one of the Arts subjects offered in the MA(Thesis).
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International23037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23037 USD per year during 12 months.
National5134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5134 USD per year during 12 months.
- National students - 7,099 NZD
- International Students - 32,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.