Students receive tuition in Barcelona, Antwerp and Lyon during the first 3 semesters, and in the 4th semester they undertake a placement in a company or research centre affiliated to the programme, which could be in one of a number of countries.
There are 7 higher education institutions affiliated to the master's programme, as well as over 50 of affiliated companies and centres, engaged in research, development and the manufacture of vaccines.
A symposium on vaccines, linked to the master's degree, is held every year.
In the Erasmus Mundus in Leading International Vaccinology Education course at Autonomous University of Barcelona of their studies, the students make valuable professional contacts with the academic and and business institutions partnered with the master's degree.
The master's degree equips its students to work in the following areas within the vaccines sector: research and development, clinical studies, project management, patents, business development, quality control, commercial development, communication and dissemination.
It also meets the academic and training needs of students wishing to undertake PhD studies in one of its twelve partner universities.
- Dynamics of innate and adaptive immunity
- Functional anatomy of the immune system
- Antigen recognition
- Receptor signalling
- Mechanisms of immunopathology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Our associated partners would like to have some students with double diploma to employ them on specific position requiring vaccinology skills and legal signatures by PharmD, DVM or MD. Therefore, in order to improve the employability, the type of studies is considered to build four categories of students: pure scientist, PharmD, DVM and MD students.
- In case an application receives discrepant scores from the two reviewers, the Steering Committee, which is part of the AMB, nominates one of the five local coordinators to serve as a third reviewer to solve the discrepancy.
- The applicants with the top highest review scores and recommended for interview are summoned to the interview.
- Analyse the status of the applicants to ensure internationality a maximum of 3 students from the same nationality, a maximum of 75% students from partner countries of the Erasmus+ programme and a balanced sex ratio or at least comparable to the sex ratio of the eligible students (in case of ranked equality, preferential will be given to the under-represented gender).
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82 EUR per credit during 24 months.
EU/EEA1680 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28 EUR per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.