Our Addictions course at King's College London is designed for students and professionals interested in the conceptualisation, treatment and prevention of addictive behaviours. It provides a widely recognised qualification with an integrated multi-disciplinary teaching and learning approach to the problems of use, dependence on alcohol, nicotine and other psychoactive drugs, and other addictive behaviours.
- Provides advanced graduate education in the field of addictive behaviours, concentrating on supporting students to embark on further higher study or to translate their learning into their workplace.
- Provides students with access to the expertise of leading addictions researchers and senior clinicians.
- A broad range of modules covering science, practice, policy and management in the addictions
Our graduates follow a variety of careers, including clinical specialist/director, positions in local or national organisations requiring understanding of policies and dissemination at local, state, national and/or international level, manager of addictions services, drug worker, substance misuse nurse specialist, psychology assistant, research assistant, or undertake further study, such as PhD or the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Addiction Science and Theory
- Psychopharmacology of Drug Action and Addiction
- Research Methods, Critical Appraisal and Statistics
- Policy - optimising the impact of evidence to reduce addictions
- Addiction Treatment and Practice
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1688 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours in either medicine or psychology; or in any subject related to the addictions.
- A personal statement is required. (maximum 4,000 characters)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago.
- Please include a full CV (Resume) including details of the employment dates, the number of children seen and the types of disorders that you have had experience in managing.
International31350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 GBP per year during 12 months.
National: £6,690 per year
International: £15,675 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.