The Applied Chemistry MSc program from Khalifa University typical length is four semesters, with the first three semesters requiring the completion of a combination of course work and thesis work, and the final semester only requiring thesis work and writing. The program is designed to give candidates an opportunity to enhance their knowledge of chemistry and develop research expertise and skills in instrumentation and methodology that will prepare them for careers in applied chemistry or to pursue a doctorate degree.
- Provide a pool of highly trained professionals who can utilize their acquired knowledge in applied chemistry and skills in instrumentation and methods to contribute to the technical and research expertise of their employer;
- Prepare graduates with outstanding educational skills and knowledge in applied chemistry and related areas to further their career aspirations;
- Prepare students with effective communication and teamwork skills in areas related to applied chemistry to function successfully in their careers;
- Provide students with sufficient expertise in applied chemistry to design and develop innovative solutions to complex scientific problems in the oil and gas industry;
- Provide students with a quality education in applied chemistry in an academic environment committed to excellence and innovation that fosters leadership, professionalism and life-long learning and successful careers.
- Applied Organic Chemistry & Instrumental Analysis
- Petroleum Production & Process Chemistry
- Corrosion Science & Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Polymers & Nanomaterials Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- Applied Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Industrial Catalysis
- Advanced Organometallics & Applications
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry Biochemistry View 8 other Masters in Chemistry in United Arab Emirates
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution).
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. Applicants for all programs should attempt all three sections of the GRE.
- A minimum level of English proficiency
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview
International23022 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1279 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National23022 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1279 EUR per credit during 24 months.
AED 5,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.