Candidates for this Mechanical Engineering MSc program from Khalifa University are taught and supervised by experienced faculty and are expected to demonstrate initiative in their approach and innovation in their work. In addition to successfully completing the taught course component of the program, candidates prepare and present a thesis on their chosen area. Research may be undertaken in several topics corresponding to the areas of focus identified by the University.
- The Mechanical Engineering MSc program from Khalifa University offers world-class graduate-level engineering education and research opportunities. Being highly versatile in core courses and electives, the MSc program in Mechanical Engineering has earned the reputation of being one of the strongest, largest, and best equipped across the Middle East. It nurtures a highly supportive, interdisciplinary atmosphere where students can work collaboratively with experts in the fields of materials, aerospace, chemical, petroleum and biomechanical engineers as well as science and medical programs. It attracts students with a background in Mechanical Engineering and related disciplines of engineering and science and cultivates them with unmatched academic and research expertise to lead projects in various high tech industries, such as energy and the environment, structures, manufacturing, micro- and nano-technologies, health and biomechanics, as well as industrial automation and the internet of things. Graduates include outstanding researchers, innovators, entrepreneurs, industrial leaders as well as strong independent academic scholars. Their skills develop in areas that include but are not limited to mechanics of continua (solids and fluids), nano-mechanics thermal sciences, dynamics, automation, controls and mechatronics, manufacturing with additive processes and much more.
- Employers include the UAE Armed forces and the defense sector of the economy, Emirates Global Aluminum, Emirate Steel; Tawazun Group, ADNOC, AAMROC , STRATA, Yahsat, MBRSC, ADNOC, Mubadala Petroleum, Dolphine Energy , NPCC, and the educational sector. Furthermore, graduates go through rigorous training and research experience to help them pursue their studies at PhD level.
- Advanced Dynamics
- Advanced Vibrations
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Continuum Mechanics
- Advanced Mechanics of Solids and Materials
- Sustainable Energy
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering Sustainable Energy View 8 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution).
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. Applicants for all programs should attempt all three sections of the GRE.
- A minimum level of English proficiency
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview
International20052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National20052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- AED 5,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.