The demand for mental health nurses is ever increasing while the requirement for nurses with a postgraduate qualification is also growing.
You will study both in an academic setting and work in clinical practice environments enabling you to complete the necessary knowledge and skills to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a nurse.
The NHS constitution brings together details of what staff, patients and the public can expect from the National Health Service. It sets out the principles and values that guide how the NHS should act and make decisions. The NHS Constitution states that the NHS "aspires to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism. "
Why choose this Mental Health Nursing course at University of Bedfordshire?
- Study using innovative teaching methods including our high-tech Simulation Centre
- Engage in a Service Improvement Project that will enable you to develop the skills to make a real change to the quality of service provision in practice.
- Develop the practical skills, knowledge, attitudes, skills and behaviours needed to nurse adults with mental health issues (with their cares) professionally and compassionately
- Benefit from a course that will lead you to a challenging and rewarding career as a registered mental health nurse in a range of healthcare environments, including community hospital and residential settings, and can provide a route to specialised clinical practice, management or education.
- Preparation For Mental Health Nursing Registered Practice
- Assessment And Decision Making In Mental Health Nursing
- Essentials Of Mental Health Nursing
- Health, Life And Social Sciences For Nursing
- Improving Care: Principles Of Clinical Leadership
- Medicines Management And Pharmacology In Mental Health Nursing
- Nursing Dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 996 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
A completed application form signed by you (an electronic signature is fine)
- Copies of your official academic qualifications and certificates, including proof of your level of English Language
- A one-page personal statement. This should tell us why you want to study your chosen course.
- A copy of your current valid passport details
- Please submit copies of any UK Visa that you have held and any documentation relating to previous visa refusals from any country
National4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- For UK/EU students the standard fee is £9,250per year.
Living costs for Luton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.