Why choose this course
We combine engaging academic study with the development of important professional skills that will impress prospective employers. Our course is also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
Outside of the taught programme itself, studying with us also gives you access to exciting talks and valuable networking events with HR leaders, skills workshops and much more. You will also have the opportunity to conduct applied HR research in a real organisation.
What you will study
The MSc Human Resource Management at the University of Surrey will develop your ability to use human resources to create added value for organisations and their workforces. This course places strong emphasis on both stimulating academic study and professional skills development by applying evidence-based analytics and research to contemporary HR issues.
This course has a strong applied focus; for instance, you will receive essential training in HR analytics and research skills and then apply what you’ve learnt in a professional organisation.
The course structure also closely follows the requirements for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development’s (CIPD) Advanced Diploma in HRM, offering you the opportunity to become a Chartered Member of the CIPD after successfully completing all the modules specified in their requirements.
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management of Human Resources
- Contemporary Employment Relations
- Organisational Behaviour
- Employment Law
- Human Resource Development
- International Human Resource Management (optional)
- Leadership (optional)
- Accounting and Finance for Business (optional)
- Strategy (optional)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management View 266 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in either Business Administration, Economics, Human Resource Management, Law or Psychology.
- Candidates with a degree in another subject plus at least one year of relevant work experience will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
International20200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU/EEA 6,600 GBP
- NON-EU/EEA 10,100 GBP
Living costs for Guildford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.