Learning Support, Guidance and Counselling from University of Pretoria trains pre-service teachers.
- Educational psychologists,
- Programme evaluators,
- Curriculum designers,
- Computer education and training experts,
- Assessment specialists,
- Education policy analysts,
- Community development workers and education law advisors working in national and international agencies and organisations.
- Research proposal
- Learning support
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Teaching View 46 other Masters in Education in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Education and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Relevant BEdHons degree or relevant honours degree and Teacher’s Diploma
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 60% for the relevant honours qualification
- Candidates who achieved a cumulative weighted average of at least 60% in the relevant honours degree will receive preference
- Relevant academic/work experience
- Interviews with the HoD and programme coordinator to clarify aspects of the application, research concept note or the research interests
International1106 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1106 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1106 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1106 EUR per year during 24 months.
R18 960 per annum
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.