With a challenging curriculum in the fields of financial markets, financial institutions, corporate finance, and quantitative methods, the programme offers a high-quality education in both theory and application.
The curriculum is designed in such a way as to ensure that students are able to acquire the foundations in finance in the first semester. Subsequently, students are flexible to select courses according to their individual preferences.
The Banking and Finance (MBF) programme at the University of St. Gallen (HSG) prepares you for a successful career in banking, consulting, asset management, insurance, industry, or academia. The typical graduate can choose from more than two job offers upon graduation.
- Corporate Finance
- Private Equity
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Institutions
- Financial Markets
- Financial Risk Management
- Smart Data Analytics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Banking and Investment View 12 other Masters in Banking and Investment in Switzerland
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
If you have one of the following degrees, then you can apply directly for the Master's program:
- University Bachelor's degree in a similar subject
- A degree is considered to be similar if at least 30 ECTS credit points have been awarded in law subjects.
- Consecutive university Master's degree
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree programs must have been completed in the same discipline (consecutively) and amount to at least 270 ECTS credit points together. You must provide evidence that you have taken 30 ECTS credit points in law subjects over the entire course.
- average grade
- study qualification test (optional)
- university and curriculum of the degree program
- extracurricular activities an
- written and an oral examination before being admitted
- intercultural mobility
- letter of motivation
International6824 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3412 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National2930 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1465 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- CHF 1429 - National
- CHF 3329 - International
Living costs for St. Gallen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.