The study plan includes front class lectures, seminars, lab practicals, visits, trainings or stages at both local university labs and other public and private research institutions or companies. The students will be able to customize the study plan through elective study units and a practical training period abroad.
This Agricultural and Environmental Biotechnology degree course from University of Perugia provides the ability to master general scientific information and methodology, specific professional knowledge in order to use conventional and advanced biotechnologies in project development and technological applications with the following objectives:
- agroecosystem management, including the introduction of genetically characterized plants, animals and microbes;
- study, conservation and use of agricultural genetic resources of plants, animals and microbes;
- molecular characterization of food products for quality control;
- genetic selection of plants, animals and microbes for improved quantity and quality of agricultural or agro-industrial products, including those destined to industrial, environmental, pharmaceutical, medical or veterinary applications;
- genetic transformation techniques for plants, animals and microbes;
- control of GMO presence in food products and risk evaluation related to the presence of GMOs in the environment, for the correct application of the precautionary principle;
- quality control of the seed and nursery industry products.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plant developmental biology
- Experimental methods in agriculture
- Biometrical genetics
- Biodiversity and plant evolution
- Applied microbiology
- Advanced breeding
- Agricultural chemistry
- Biotechnologies applied to the plant nursery productions
- Biotechnologies for plant health
- Biotechnologies applied to crop and seed production
- Economics of biotechnology
The student must carry out a Practical Training Internship (6 CFU, 150 hours) in Departmental laboratories or at institutions or companies affiliated with the DSA3. The final test (16 CFU) consists in the presentation and discussion of a dissertation, prepared under the supervision of a tutor, in front of a Faculty Committee.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiotechnology Agriculture Environmental Sciences View 22 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
For Second Cycle (Master programme – two years), students must be in possession of a degree or of a three-year university diploma, or of another recognised qualification achieved abroad. Students must furthermore be in possession of the curricular requirements and be sufficiently prepared as provided by the didactic regulations of each study programme.
Candidates for admission should have a suitable BSc degree (Laurea triennale) in Biotechnology or in Agricultural Sciences. The requirements and the specific background of the candidate will be assessed by an Admission Committee, that may invite the candidates to an interview. If the candidate background has gaps, the admittance to the MSc is subjected to recommendations to be filled by taking integrative study-units.
English requirements: The applicant should demonstrate a good command of the English language (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
For italian students tuition fees may be reduced depending of family income
Living costs for Perugia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.